Each month we showcase one of our designers, giving an insight into the 'mind behind the maker'
March: Rachel, Simple Hearts Jewellery.
Hi, I’m Rachel, the person behind Simple Hearts Jewellery. I cannot really tell you when my love of jewellery started, it has just always been there for as long as I can remember.
I have dabbled in many things over the years including, sewing, needlework, teddy bear making, beading and leadlight but making silver jewellery was always there - there was just never the right time. Finally nearly four years ago, after searching for years for the right course, I found one in Melbourne that suited myself and my family. I came home after the course and bought my equipment.
My husband made a bench in the garage and Simple Hearts Jewellery was born. I’ve been happily making ever since.
I have been with Under the Oak for nearly 2 years now and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this beautiful store with so many talented makers.
10 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I love jewellery – old, new, vintage, art-deco as well as modern and minimalist.
2. I have a beautiful family, including my very supportive husband and 2 daughters, a cat and a dog - all of whom I love very much.
3. I love the beach.
4. Summer is my favourite season.
5. I love plants and decorating.
6. My real job is in aged care, which I also love.
7. I love hearts – hence the name Simple Hearts Jewellery.
8. I love bike riding and reading.
9. Guilty pleasures include chips, chocolate and watching Netflix.
10. I was born in Burnie but have lived in Launceston most of my life. I now live in Legana.
I hope you have enjoyed my little spiel. Remember if there is anything you like in my range in store or online you like but it isn’t the correct size, I can always custom make a piece for you. Thank you so much for the support.
For more information, ask in store or find Simple Hearts Jewellery on: